martes, 27 de septiembre de 2011

DO YOU THINK VIRTUAL CONCERTS MAY ONE DAY REPLACE REAL ONES?



Virtual concerts have been created for those people who do not have the opportunity to go to real ones. Personally, I think that virtual concerts have both positive and negative aspects. 
To begin with, virtual concerts allow people to see and listen to their favourite bands and singers when -for example- the recitals are far away from their house, in another country, or when the tickets are very expensive.
However, virtual concerts cannot be compared with real ones. I remember when I was fifteen and I went to a concert of “El Cuarteto de Nos”. The place was crowded and when they appeared on stage everybody began to sing, to jump, etc.
What is more, I could feel the adrenaline running through my veins. It was amazing. Nevertheless, I think that although you have the best sound quality in your house, you cannot recreate the atmosphere that is created in real concerts.
Moreover, I believe that virtual concerts are suitable for shy and lonely people. Nonetheless, in the text it is stated that “people aren't just here out of convenience or economic necessity. They're seeking community.” In other words, as Eric Hobsbawn states in his book The Age of Extremes (1994): “there is no society, only individuals”. Perhaps, this is the reason why so many people are part of virtual worlds; because they are looking for something that they cannot find in their real lives, something very important such as being part of a community.
Apart from this, I think that artists do not lose money in virtual concerts. On the contrary, they use these kinds of spaces to broadcast their music freely. In this way, people from all over the world can see and listen to them.
Taking everything into account, virtual concerts have both, their positive and negative aspects. But, in my view, I do not think that virtual concerts will ever replace real ones.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario